Sunday, May 14, 2006

twenty something

Here I am again to share some wisdom with you guys and let you have a peek inside my head and witness the strange goings on!
I was today sitting at my compter, trying to revise, playing some poker, watching some lost, doing anything but revision pretty much. The thought popped into my head that i am officially a 'twenty something' - how cool is that. I bet that makes mum and dad feel old, their 'baby' is a twenty something.
It got me thinking 'what is there left?' Everyone talked about being 21 and how that's the point where you grow up, almost as if after your 21st birthday you wake up (with a mental minging hangover) and you're an old man, responsible, mature, receding hairline and a few more hairs on your chest. I don't want that to be the case, I'm still young, I don't want to be responsible or mature, but in reality I have to be. I suppose in the eyes of the law I've been responsible for myself since i was 18, no longer can the headmaster call my parents in for a meeting over writing an e-mail concerning an 'erection inspection' from someone elses account. Do that in the environment i'm in now and consequences could be life altering.
There's (hopefully) plenty of my life left, plenty of laughs to have. I've got to get married, have the children that I so want and watch them grow old. Being a twenty something is cool - I'm in the real world now and responsible for everything i do (except finances - thanks mum).
Bring it on life - here i come!

"With my underwear in my hand and an indomitable will in my heart, I head out into the world. I too want to become 'something'." - Adolf Hitler (before he went crazy)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

when did you become so profound?!? very good bro, loving it.

10:56 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ps. imagine how I feel, my little brothers twenty something!

10:57 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why don't you try imparting some of ur wisdom in the area of wedgying on your readers and not mine!
you're a star...post something!

8:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home