Saturday, May 13, 2006

Everyone's a professional......?

I've been thinking about this for the past few days now, I'm supposed to be revising for the exams that contribute to 40% of my final degree, but why do that when you have the cognitive ability and wisdom that I possess.
The other day, I slacked off a pound a pint night at my local pub for a good bit of wife swap, what a student i am.....! I live with 4 lovely girls, b ut only ever see three of them, and during the show we were sat there shouting at the screen....we had all become clinical/family psychologists. Comments such as 'she doesn't pay enough attention to her son' or 'it's not a problem with him, she has some inner problems herself' were thrown in the mix. We had all become psychologists.
Next up was American Idol (oh yes, I live in the house of fun), oh my word, we were on form, we were professional voice coaches, giving advice and bitching about bad performances. The same happens in so many different programs (Nanny 911 is a particular favourite), we all sit there thinking that we are the trained knowledgeable professionals that we obviously are not.
I think that's what these programs do though, they make us feel liberated, make individuals feel better about themselves purely because they are able to take a role in 'How little jimmy should be going to bed half an hour earlier, and because he's not he'll grow up into a f**kwit.'
Ah well, life goes on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home